Prep Time: 20 to 30 minutes (plus rising time of 1-3 hours and baking time of 25-30 minutes)
- 1 package yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread ﬂour
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 small egg white
- ln a bowl combine 1 cup warm water, yeast. and sugar and set aside.
- Mix the salt and ﬂour in an electric mixer with a dough hook for about 15 seconds. Slowly add the yeast mixture to the ﬂour until a stiff dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for about 2 minutes or until it is no longer sticky (add extra ﬂour if necessary) and the dough clings to the hook and pulls away from the mixing bowl.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes and then knead for another 2 minutes.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl; turn it over so that the oil coats the top. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place for 1 to 3 hours to double its volume.
- Deflate the dough and separate it into 6 portions. Shape oblong rolls and place on a baking sheet. With a knife, make a trench across the middle of each roll to form two attached loaves. Brush the rolls with egg white. At this time they can be stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Place the rolls in a cold oven; place a pan of water on the bottom shelf; set the oven to 425 degrees and bake the rolls for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.