Pecan Sticky Buns
- 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
Topping & Filling
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Mix 1 cup flour, sugar and undissolved yeast.
- Heat milk, water and 1/3 cup margarine to 120 to 130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat at high speed 2 minutes.Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead 8 to 10 minutes. Set in greased bowl; turn to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm draft-free place, until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat 4 tablespoons margarine, 1 cup brown sugar and corn syrup until sugar dissolves. Pour into greased 13*9*2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half to 14*10 inches.
- Melt remaining margarine and brush on dough; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Roll up from short edge; seal seams. Cut each roll into 10 slices. Arrange in prepared pan. Cover, let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until done. Cool in pan 5 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Server warm or cold.