- 1 cup quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water , or until desired consistency is reached
- optional: a few splashes of hot sauce or cayenne pepper for a touch of heat
- optional: a small pinch of smoked paprika for a hint of smokiness
- Thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Preferably overnight for best flavor results.
- Store in an airtight jar in the fridge where it will keep for up to a week.