Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 24 muffins.
- 3 cups shredded bran ceral (All Bran, Bran Buds, 100% Bran, etc)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Combine cereal, oil and raisins in large bowl. Pour the boiling water over; cool slightly.
- Beat together eggs, buttermild and molasses in small bowl. Stir into cooled cereal mixture.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt onto wax paper. Add all at once to cereal mixture; stir just until moistened. Spoon into 24 greased 2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling almost to top.
- Bake in preheated hot over(400 degrees) for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pans to wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.