Cholesterol-Controlled French Toast
Makes 4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread, halved
- Beat together eggs, whites, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in shallow bowl. Dip slices of bread into egg mixture, turning to coat.
- Fry bread on lightly greased griddle or skillet until golden brown. Flip and cook 30 seconds. Top with fruit puree or yogurt and sliced fruit, if you wish.