Baking Powder Biscuits
No Refrigeration Required.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening.
- Stir in milk with fork until soft dough is formed.
- Turn out on floured board and knead 20 times.
- Roll 1/2 inch thick; cut with floured 2-inch cutter.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until golden brown, (Or drop dough by tablespoon, without kneading, on baking sheet.)
Makes 16 biscuits.