Oven temp: 425 degrees
Oven time: 15-18 minutes
Yield: 3 12 inch pizzas
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm (not hot) water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups sifted enriched flour
- Add yeast to warm wator. Let stand a few minutes, stir to dissolve.
- Add flour, salt and oil; beat vigorously.
- Turn dough onto lighlty floured surface.
- Knead until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Cover with wax paper, then a towel. Let rest 20 minutes
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into 12 1/2 inch circles.
- Place on greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Press to make edges of circle slightly thick.
- Brush dough with cooking oil.
- Fill with your favorite pizza filling and bake in hot oven 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.