- 1/2 cup enriched white or yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- Into a medium mixing bowl sift together cornmeal, flour, and salt.
- With a pastry blender. cut in the shortening until particles are fine.
- Add water. a tablespoon at a time, stirring lightly with a fork just until dry ingredients are dampened.
- Form into a ball.
- Cover tightly with transparent plastic wrap.
- Use as directed in recipe for Beef Pot Pie.