Source : cookiesandcups.com
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together for 2 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined, approximately 30 seconds.
- Press the dough into a 9- inch springform pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.Release the sides of the pan and using a very sharp knife, slice into wedges. Leave the shortbread in the pan until it’s completely cooled.
- Remove from the pan using a spatula.