Makes about 80 potato pieces for dipping
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (packed) grated Gruyère cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, and Gruyère. Whisk until smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- 2 pounds unpeeled large red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Combine potatoes, 6 cups water, and salt in large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with skewer, about 6 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to bowl. Add olive oil and parsley; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.