- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Kellogg’s 40% bran flakes cereal
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or shortening
- 1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
- Measure cereal and milk into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Let stand 1-2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add egg and oil. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture, stiring only until combined. Portion batter evenly into 12 greased 2 1/2 inch muffin-pan cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Yield: 12 muffins