Quiche Pastry (recipe follows)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 cup cooked chopped broccoli
- 6 ounces chopped fully cooked ham (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pastry; set aside.
- In skillet cook mushrooms and garlic in hot butter till tender.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell; top with mushroom mixture, broccoli, and ham.
- In mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, pepper, and nutmeg: pour into pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water