Source : sweetrecipeas.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- 1 1/4 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease 1 large loaf pan or three mini loaf pans with butter or spray with baking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder into a bowl and stir to mix them thoroughly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, add the butter and sugar and beat until light and creamy, about three minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue beating until fully incorporated.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas, then stir in the sourdough starter.
- Add the banana/starter mixture to the butter mixture and mix together at low speed.
- Then slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Don’t over-mix.
- Finally, slowly add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans and place the mini loaf pans, if using, on a baking sheet to make getting them in and out of the oven easier.
- Bake for 45 minutes (mini loaf pans) to an hour (1 large loaf pan).
- Use a cake tester or toothpick to insert into the center. If it comes out clean, the bake is done.
- Remove from the oven and let rest in the loaf pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then carefully remove the breads from the pan and place on the rack to completely cool.