Source: Taste of the Ozarks, www.ky3.com
Serves 8 generous “pie slice” sized servings
This dish does NOT re-heat well, so please prepare it as close to time as possible.
- 1 9-inch pie crust (par baked as per directions below)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped and divided
- 3 tomatoes, red ripe, 1/2″ sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fit pie crust into 10-inch pie or tart pan. Trim pastry from edges. Prick bottom and sides. Bake at 400 degrees F for five minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly into pastry shell. Top with two teaspoons basil and crumbled soy bacon. Arrange tomato slices on top. Brush pie with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining basil. Allow pie to stand at least five minutes before serving.