From Chile Pepper Magazine, June 2015
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Precook the potatoes until just tender, about 10 minutes, in a pot of boiling salted water. Drain and cool, spit in half, brush with oil, salt, and pepper. Grill until lightly charred (5 minutes or so). Set aside. (Note: we’ve begun skipping this step: just cook the potatoes. The texture is a bit different but the flavor is the same).
In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, dressing, and chipotle hot sauce. Add the potatoes, parsley, onion, blue cheese, and bacon. Gently toss until everything is coated, and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature. (Cold is also good).
Feel free to add MORE BACON and MORE BLUE CHEESE. I add the entire package personally.